The Salado ISD School Board met on Monday, March 20. The following is a summary of that meeting:
- Thomas Arnold Elementary School Fifth Grade Leadership students Lorelei Slimp, Harper Balmos, and Jessi Boyd led the pledge to the United States flag and the pledge to the state flag.
- Speech, debate, and filmmaking teacher Tim Cook, filmmaking students Ben Wickert, Amanda Sgobbo, and Kirbee Webb, and speech and debate students Laura Ball, James Tipton, Krystle Vazquez, Juliet Glenn, and Liam Baird were recognized for their success in speech, debate, and filmmaking.
- Superintendent Michael Novotny was recognized for receiving the District Administrator of the Year Award from the National Speech & Debate Association National Forensic League.
- The Board approved the hiring of a teacher.
- The Board reviewed the district’s monthly enrollment report. Our current enrollment is 2,298 students, as compared to 2,234 in March 2022 and 2,123 in March 2021.
- The Board reviewed the monthly financial reports.
- The Board approved the minutes from the February 27 school board meeting.
- The Board approved the Salado ISD wellness policy and wellness plan.
- The Board approved the 2023-2024 Allotment and Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) Certification Form.
- The Board approved the purchase of a school bus.
- The Board approved the start and end times for the 2023-2024 school year. The elementary school day will be from 7:30 a.m. until 3:15 p.m. The middle school and high school day will be from 8:15 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
- The Board discussed pre-kindergarten for children of employees.
- The Board discussed the long-range facility plan.
- The Board discussed the Districtwide Intruder Detection Audit Report Findings.
If you have any questions regarding this information or our school district, you are welcome to contact me at email@example.com or 254-947-6905.